A towel warmer is a heater used in the bathroom that is suitable for heating and drying the towels and the environment that is rich in moisture. It dries the wet towel and keeps the environment clean.
There are two types of towel warmers – hydronic and electric towel warmers. Both of these warmers are equally efficient in working. The hydronic warmers are connected to either radiant-heating or hot-water plumbing systems. The hot water runs through the bars. Whereas, the electric towel warmers work independently from the heating system by generating powered low watt elements.
Advantages Of The Towel Warmers
- The towel warmers can be used to heat and dry the towels and keep the bathroom clean and moisture-free.
- It can be used for heating the bathrooms to make room temperature high.
- It can be used not only in bathrooms, but also in the entryway, laundry room, mudroom, basement, and in the bedroom if you need its presence.
- The towel warmers come in different shapes and sizes in the market.
- If the room is small, you can opt to have a towel warmer rather than using a radiator to save energy and space.
- Towel warmers can be a wall-hanging, floor-mounted, or free standing.
- No more worry on the cold tile.
- On using a towel warmer, you no need to smell mildewed towels.
- It dries the towel quickly.
- In terms of energy consumption, towel warmers are ecological and economical.
- The sizes may be customized according to the bathrooms, i.e., smallest to the largest.
- There are no wires outside the hydronic towel warmer.
- Replacement of heating element is possible in case of damage.
Disadvantages Of The Towel Warmers
- Kids should not touch the rails when the towel warmers are on.
- Installing a hydronic towel warmer is complicated compared to an electric towel warmer.
- Hydronic towel warmer stand cannot be moved once installed. But electric towel warmer can be moved to anywhere.
- In the electric towel warmer, the wires can be seen in plug-in models.
- Electrician works are required to install the electric towel warmer.
- If any damage, the entire towel warmer needs to be replaced.
- Do not use thin towels to warm. Thicker towels warm better than the thin ones.
- Do not allow your kids to touch the towel warmer when it is on.
- Buy the towel warmer with few other features like timer, built-in switches, and adjustable temperature settings.
Additional Features in Towel Warmers
- You can choose a towel warmer with a timer feature that will be automatically turned on at your shower time.
- The additional hanging rack can make your robes or smaller towels warmer.
- By opting a towel warmer with built-in switches helps to switch off the device when it is running continuously.
- Many of the devices have temperature settings to set the temperature you need for drying the towel.
Most of the towel warmers are cost-effective. They are affordable and can be gifted to your dear ones. The towel warmers look like a luxurious application but have other benefits too. They do not consume much power. In electric towel warmers, it uses the electricity of two standard bulbs. Thus, in this article, the advantages and disadvantages of having a towel warmer must have given you a clear idea on how to purchase.